InHouse Creative Coordinator
City: Minneapolis, MN
Salary: $20/hour, 15-20 hours per week, begin the week of June 17th and end the week of August 5th, 2019
The BrandLab Mission
To change the face and voice of the marketing industry by introducing, guiding and preparing students for careers in marketing.
The BrandLab Vision
A marketing industry that thrives on the insights and creativity of people with diverse ethnic and socioeconomic backgrounds.
The BrandLab InHouse Program
The BrandLab delivers a hands-on curriculum in high school classes across the Twin Cities, equipping students with the fundamentals of marketing and advertising. Students are then invited to apply for an InHouse internship with The BrandLab. InHouse interns made up of 4-6 interns (juniors and seniors in high school) and are placed in cohorts. In collaboration with the client (TBD), industry volunteers, and The BrandLab Internship Manager, the Creative Coordinator is responsible for bringing industry expertise into the program and propel the InHouse intern group through a robust RFP process. Merging industry expertise to student passion and perspective, The BrandLab works to change the face and voice of marketing and advertising.
Position Description for The BrandLab InHouse Creative Coordinator
The InHouse Creative Coordinator is responsible for the hands-on teaching and supervision of a BrandLab InHouse group (4-6 interns).
The BrandLab Creative Coordinator requests volunteers, field trips, and other support from our Internship Manager and acts as the point of contact once these requests are filled.
– Teach The BrandLab InHouse Curriculum
– Establish rapport with cooperating interns and host site
– Demonstrate a belief that all students’ individual talents can be developed
– Attend planning meetings and workshops with The BrandLab
– Lead all communication with client (TBD) and secure regular check-in dates with their team
– Manage and approve cohort’s weekly attendance and timecards
– Support The BrandLab mission by inspiring students from all backgrounds to reach their creative potential and pursue a career in Marketing/Advertising
In collaboration with the Internship Manager:
– Map out the 8-week content calendar
– Regular check in with Internship Manager
– Manage communication and on-site support for volunteers
– Communicate all lesson plans to Internship Manager
– Develop support materials to adapt The BrandLab InHouse curriculum to meet the needs of the specific project
– Plan and execute at least 1 intern field trip to another agency or marketing department
The BrandLab Creative Coordinator is an 8-week contract. This position will begin the week of June 17th and end the week of August 5th, 2019. InHouse interns begin the week of June 24th.
InHouse weekly scheduling is TBD and based on Creative Coordinator/intern availability:
– Hosted at a local advertising agency or corporation (TBD)
– Compensation: $20 per hour
– Hours: 15-20 hours per week
– Week of June 17 is training & preparation
– Average of 12 on-site hours per week, with 3 additional hours per week for preparation (includes communication, organizing lesson plans, volunteer communication, etc)
– Exact hours per group will vary. Sample schedule: Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday from 10am – 2pm
Qualifications or requirements
– Work experience or training in marketing and/or advertising
– Experience leading and facilitating an RFP/creative process
– Excellent written communication and organizational skills
– Basic knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite; mainly Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign
– Desire to lead youth
– Ability to adapt quickly to change
– Experience working on a team
– Ability to spot potential in interns and encourage them to pursue college/career opportunities
– Confidence in collaborating with many different constituents: Client (TBD), industry volunteers, The BrandLab staff and potential host site
– Previous experience working with high school students a plus
How to apply
Please submit a cover letter, resume and one reference letter to Shanaya Dungey, Internship Manager, at firstname.lastname@example.org.