Instructor, Television & Video Production
City: Milwaukee, WI
Salary: $28.13 – $36.44 Hourly
Is this a remote / WFH position?: No
Under the supervision of the Associate Dean, School of Media and Creative Arts, to teach courses in the Television and Video Production program. Related duties include participation in department meetings, department functions, advisory committee meetings, curriculum development, staff development, lab maintenance, student advising, student recruitment and retention and other duties as assigned. The incumbent of this position will be required to keep abreast of the current trends and new technology in the field to be able to teach the latest/current version.
Characteristic Duties and Responsibilities
– Prepare for and deliver instruction and perform teaching-related activities.
– Manage the classroom/laboratory.
– Develop curriculum and monitor and revise as appropriate to maintain course effectiveness; assist in program evaluation.
– Manage equipment, supplies and materials.
– Assess student performance and advise students on academic issues.
– Collaborate with advisory committee in program area.
– Attend departmental and institutional meetings.
– Promote the education/training program, participate in efforts to recruit and retain students, and participate in efforts to market MATC.
– Support student organizations and activities.
– Develop relationships with business and industry.
– Complete program evaluation and follow-up.
– Maintain certification, continue professional development and stay current in field.
– Perform other duties as assigned.
Qualifications or requirements
Must have a Bachelor’s Degree in one of the following:
– Radio/Television/Film with a concentration in Television, Broadcasting, Broadcast Communication, Electronic media, Digital Media, Video Production.
Must have a minimum of four years of full-time or part-time equivalent (8,000 hours) of work experience in one or more of the general areas of the industry: Television production, Video or Broadcast production/Direction, Video Editing, Studio/Field Video Production, Set Design, Broadcast and Video Graphics and Design, Multimedia/Video production, Multi-platform Video production and Delivery, Television/Video/Film/Broadcast Management.
In addition one of the following must be met:
– At least two of the four years must have occurred within the last five years, or
– Two years of teaching Television and Video Production course work at the post-secondary level within the last five years.
Must have experience in managing production teams, team dynamics, communication tools and assessment tools. Must understand legal parameters of broadcast and online content.
Must have experience with high-definition video acquisition equipment, expertise in non-linear editing (Avid Media Composer and Adobe Premiere), Adobe Creative Suite, video content for web delivery tools, streaming video, social networking, data content management and Prosumer hard and software for video production and content delivery.
Must have expertise in hardware and software tools designed for video production and distribution via broadcast, web, podcast and streaming, codecs and their multi-media design uses in video integration.
Must have practical work experience in MultiPlatform Media Content Creation and Delivery, High-Quality HD, 4K, broadcast and Prosumer production programming, Project Planning, Graphic Design and Integration and Non-Linear Editing in a professional studio, post-house, broadcast or corporate production environment.
Experience with studio and field audio, editing and podcasting preferred.
Familiarization with P2, XQD, RAW and SxS acquisition technologies, DSLR video, web compression/HD formats, DaVinci, ProTools and GoPro experience preferred.
Data Asset Management and Avid ISIS/Nexis Administration experience preferred.
Experience with live-streaming media/video with NewTek TriCaster preferred.
Must be able to communicate effectively with staff and students through both oral and written means.
Experience with field, studio and remote lighting and acquisition skills preferred.
Must become licensed to operate MATC and station vehicles, including Microwave/Student Remote Production Van.
Knowledge or experience with engaged and service learning strongly preferred.
Must have knowledge of assessment of student academic achievement techniques.
Must meet State of Wisconsin Technical College System (WTCS) instruction certification requirements. WTCS Certification Requirements Summary.
Must meet Higher Learning Commission (HLC) standards (if applicable).
Must be able to relate successfully with students and staff of diverse cultural, economic, social and educational backgrounds.
Teaching – Must embrace and demonstrate the MATC Career Essentials and Standards of Teaching
Knowledge of assessment of student academic achievement techniques is desirable.
Must meet WTCS (Wisconsin Technical College System) Certification Requirements for eProduction and Television and Video Production Degree areas.
Ability to lift 50 pounds with or without accommodation.
Ability to sit or stand for class duration with or without accommodation.
Ability to climb ladder for studio light placement and adjustment.
Email – Experience with an Email system (GroupWise, Outlook, Gmail…)
Telephone – Experience with a voice mail system
Computer – Experience with Microsoft Office Suite
– Experience with or willingness to learn the following supportive technologies:
– Online Information Management Systems – Experience with INFOnline or other online information management systems used for student advising, student programs, grading, class schedules and rosters
– Blackboard – Experience with Blackboard or other web-based course – management systems
– Technology-based Instruction – Experience with technology-based instructional delivery systems including SMART symposium, interactive touch screen monitors, LCD projectors, DVD players and/or other classroom technology
– Emerging Technologies – Experience with emerging technologies (eg. social networking applications)
– (Optional) Distance Learning Instruction – Experience with on-line, two-way video, ITV, and other methods of distance learning instruction
How to apply