IT & Facilities Manager
City: Minneapolis, MN
Salary: $50-55K plus benefits
The IT & Facilities Manager is responsible for the successful management of the organization’s technology infrastructure and maintenance of office facilities and equipment.
Scope of Impact
The duties and responsibilities of this job are performed with latitude for independent judgment based on detailed knowledge of department or organization policies, budget, procedures, and goals. Duties are performed in accordance with department and organizational policies and federal, state and local regulations; and funder restrictions. The IT & Facilities Manager works with their supervisor to discuss and receive direction on assignments, priorities, and overall work performance.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Manages the organization’s technology infrastructure.
- Works with vendors and contractors:
- Works with external managed services provider for onsite and offsite support of information technology infrastructure.
- Works with vendors and contractors to analyze business requirements for all departments and recommends technical improvements or upgrades with an eye toward improving efficiency organization-wide.
- Negotiates contracts and provides work direction to contractors.
- Manages equipment, software, and licensing:
- Manages IT and equipment budgeting for the organization, including computers, hardware, software, printers, phones, and other communication equipment.
- Researches, evaluates, and manages procurement for hardware and software.
- Maintains domain registrations, hosting, and other online/Software as a Service (SaaS) accounts.
- Maintains accounts and manages licenses for third party software that integrate with the database.
- Interfaces with database company account executives to manage licenses, updates, and renewals.
- Serves as primary contact for troubleshooting computer hardware and software problems, escalating to contracted help desk services when necessary.
- Advises on and maintains IT policies and procedures for the organization, including policies on security, procurement, etc.
- Serves on-call in the event of a server outage during non-business hours.
- Manages office facilities.
- Manages relationship with landlord and building manager, and coordinates office and building maintenance.
- Manages relationships with vendors related to office maintenance, such as HVAC, security systems, and others.
- Manages, maintains, and troubleshoots office equipment, including telephone systems, photocopier, fax machine and printer; coordinates maintenance and repairs of equipment, as needed.
- Maintains safety and security procedures and conducts staff safety training annually.
- Trains new employees on office equipment, processes and procedures, and sets-up new users on the phone system.
- Works with staff to improve overall organizational knowledge and effectiveness in working with technology.
- Coordinates training and creates/disseminates “help documentation” for systems as necessary.
- Participates in larger infrastructure conversations/decisions that affect people and systems in the organization.
- Plans, organizes, and coordinates meetings, including vetting and inviting attendees, drafting documentation and agendas, and staffing meetings.
- Establishes, monitors, and maintains electronic and paper files and records.
- Maintains professional competence and stays abreast of trends and innovations in fields referenced in this job description
- Regularly attends training, conferences, meetings, and reviews relevant literature
- Using independent judgment provides supervision and leadership to contractors.
- Participates in decisions on matters of hiring, discharge, and assignment of contractors.
- Conducts ongoing feedback of performance for assigned contractors.
- Plans the work schedule to meet organization’s demands;
- Communicates courteously and professionally and maintains working relationships with others in carrying out job functions.
- Communicates with others relating to work assignments and progress of work or to convey information about conditions or work related needs.
Qualifications or requirements
The job requires at least two years of experience in managing and troubleshooting an organization’s information technology infrastructure and two years of administrative or office management experience.
An ideal candidate will have a background that includes managing and troubleshooting information technology infrastructure, including but not limited to office productivity software, Microsoft Windows desktop and server environments, networked printers, etc. A commitment to the arts is preferred. Supervisory experience is desirable.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Required for Successful Job Performance
• Knowledge of & ability to learn information technology infrastructure
• Knowledge of and ability to operate standard office hardware and software including databases and web-based software programs.
• Project management skills.
• Problem-solving skills and the ability to resolve conflicts.
• Knowledge of general budgeting and accounting concepts and practices sufficient to understand and manage program budget.
• Evaluative skills sufficient to conduct research, analyze, and make recommendations on organization’s strategic objectives.
• Ability to make decisions and act within established policies and procedures.
• Ability to negotiate contracts and terms of agreements and manage external vendor relationships.
• Ability to provide leadership to and motivate employees.
• Attention to detail.
• Ability to effectively organize time and anticipate, plan, and manage multiple priorities with deadlines.
• Verbal and written communication skills sufficient to build and maintain relationships with a wide variety of audiences.
• Ability to work independently, and as a part of a team.
• Ability to maintain highest confidentiality when dealing with sensitive or private information.
• Interpersonal skills sufficient to exchange and/or convey information, receive work direction, and maintain effective working relationships.
Physical and Mental Requirements
Physical effort is light, with lifting or carrying limited to 25 pounds intermittently. Work includes making presentations in front of groups. There is pressure associated with project or activity deadlines. Work will require extended use of a computer keyboard and monitor. Work is performed in a fast-paced environment, where interruptions are frequent.
Most work is performed in a normal office environment. Occasional travel and flexible hours, including during evenings and weekends, are required.
Some requirements in this job description may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health and safety of themselves or other employees. All requirements are subject to modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities.
Requirements are representative of minimum levels of knowledge, skills, and experience required. To perform this job successfully, the worker must possess the abilities and aptitudes to perform each duty proficiently.
This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an “at will” employment relationship. The department head and senior management retain the discretion to add duties or change the duties of this position at any time.
How to apply
Email cover letter, resume, and three references to email@example.com by February 13, 2019