Kitchak Lounge Host
City: Minneapolis, MN
Kitchak Lounge Host
Reports to: Donor Relations and Membership Associate
The Guthrie Theater engages exceptional theater artists in the exploration of both classic and contemporary plays connecting the community we serve to one another and to the world. Through its extraordinary artists, staff and facility, the Guthrie is committed to the people of Minnesota, and from its place, rooted deeply in the Twin Cities, influences the field as a leading 21st century arts organization.
Every year more than 500 people, both on stage and off, help ensure our success in creating and supporting the highest level of theater. As an organization, we are committed to our values of Artistic Excellence, Community, Equity, Diversity and Inclusion, and Fiscal Responsibility.
The purpose of the Lounge Host position is to provide excellent customer service to our patrons in the Kitchak Lounge. Compensation for this position ranges from $11.50 – $12.00 per hour and is non-exempt (hourly). We are hiring for hosts for Thursday evening, Friday evening, Saturday and Sunday matinee and evening shifts. Hours for this position may vary between 4 – 20 hours per week, as needed.
• Provide excellent customer service to all guests during their time in the Lounge.
• Arrive an hour and a half prior to evening performances to set up the Lounge.
• Arrive an hour prior to intermission for matinee performances to set up the Lounge.
• Make sure the space is clean, safe and welcoming whenever guests are expected.
• Greet and assist volunteer hosts.
• Restock supplies and assist with any other tasks related to smooth operation of the Lounge.
• Serve beverages and snacks to patrons.
• Clean and close down the Lounge and make sure everything is prepared for the next shift.
• Work special events in the Lounge as needed.
• Communicate with the Individual Giving Associate after each shift, informing them of patron comments, problems, or needs.
• After each shift, send written contact report via email of information that may prove helpful in future fundraising asks to the Individual Giving Associate.
• Assist patrons as needed or when appropriate, especially the elderly and those with special needs.
• Be aware of and follow Guthrie policies and emergency procedures.
• Other duties as needed or assigned.
Qualifications or requirements
• Interest or prior experience in theater preferred.
• Previous experience as a host or server preferred.
• Strong communication and listening skills, easily communicates with public & coworkers.
• Presents a positive, welcoming, and approachable demeanor.
• Ability to be considerate and patient.
• Uses initiative, willing to assist and serve as needed.
• Flexible and willing to perform different tasks as needed.
• Ability to remain calm in the event of an emergency.
• Some writing and reading required.
• Basic technological skills required.
• Must be available to work evenings and weekends.
• Must be at least 18 years old.
• Strong commitment to diversity and inclusion.
• Ability and commitment to working with diverse groups in terms of gender expression, race, sexual orientation, religion, ability, age, class and immigrant status.