Lead Kitchak Lounge Host
City: Minneapolis, MN
The Lead Kitchak Lounge Host is responsible for providing excellent customer service to our patrons in the Kitchak Lounge and overseeing all Kitchak Lounge operations. The Kitchak Lounge is the Guthrie Theater’s donor lounge reserved for patrons who donate $2,500 or more annually. The Lounge is open one hour prior to all evening performances and during intermission for all performances. Hosts and volunteers run the Lounge, serving drinks and light snacks to patrons.
Compensation for this position is non-exempt, hourly and dependent on qualifications. Hours for this position may vary between 10 – 20 hours per week, as needed. The Lead Kitchak Lounge Host will work a varied and flexible schedule including both weekday and evening hours.
• Supervise, train, and schedule the pool of paid Kitchak Lounge Hosts.
• Manage and train Kitchak Lounge volunteers.
• Order and stock beverages, snacks and other supplies for the Lounge.
• Manage and update volunteer shifts via the Guthrie’s database, Tessitura.
• Update the digital Donor Listing displayed in the Lounge on a monthly basis.
• Under the supervision of the Individual Giving Manager, make quarterly updates to the visual aesthetic of the Lounge, selecting new artwork and other display items.
• Meet regularly with the Individual Giving Manager, keeping them up to date on Lounge operations and patron comments, problems, or needs.
Host the Kitchak Lounge
• Work one or two shifts per week, providing excellent customer service to all guests.
• Arrive an hour and a half prior to evening performances to set up the Lounge.
• Arrive an hour prior to intermission for matinee performances to set up the Lounge.
• Make sure the space is clean, safe and welcoming.
• Serve beverages and snacks to patrons.
• Assist patrons as needed or when appropriate.
• Clean and close down the Kitchak Lounge, making sure everything is prepared for the next shift.
• Work special events in the Ktichak Lounge as needed.
• Be aware of and follow Guthrie policies and emergency procedures.
• Other duties as needed or assigned.
Qualifications or requirements
• Interest or prior experience in theater preferred.
• Previous experience as a host or server preferred.
• Strong communication and listening skills, easily communicates with patrons and coworkers.
• Presents a positive, welcoming, and approachable demeanor.
• Ability to be considerate and patient.
• Uses initiative, willing to assist and serve as needed.
• Ability to remain calm in the event of an emergency.
• Basic technological skills required.
• Must be available to work evenings and weekends.
• Must be at least 18 years old.
• Knowledge of Tessitura a plus.
• Ability and commitment to working with diverse groups in terms of gender expression, race, sexual orientation, religion, ability, age, class and immigrant status.