Library / Information Resource Services Specialist
City: St. Cloud, MN
Salary: $22.48 – $32.79/hourly; $46,938 – $68,465/annually
Is this a remote / WFH position?: No
This position is responsible for providing high quality, robust systems that facilitate search, discovery, and delivery of library services and resources to the St. Cloud State University campus. This position works collaboratively to support the discoverability of library resources in both the physical and digital realms. This position is tasked with support of current systems and works on projects to deliver new services to better support a research focused multi-disciplined environment.
Qualifications or requirements
– ALA-accredited master’s degree in library information science or international equivalent degree at the time of application.
– One year minimum experience with library systems, including integrated library systems, institutional repository platforms, or other library-specific systems or software.
– Demonstrated ability to manage, implement, and assess projects.
– Experience with troubleshooting library-related systems technologies, including working with vendor support for third-party systems.
– Ability to communicate technical information to diverse audiences.
– Ability to thrive in a rapidly changing environment.
– Evidence of demonstrated ability to teach and work with persons from culturally diverse backgrounds.
– 3-5 years of experience in system management experience with integrated library systems (Ex Libris Alma/Primo or with an equivalent system).
– Experience with web design, maintenance, usability testing or user experience.
– Experience with content management systems, such as LibGuides, WordPress, and/or Drupal, and institutional repository platforms or software.
– Experience communicating and articulating analytical data, reporting, and assessment.
– Demonstrated ability to design and teach classes, workshops, or training as well.
– Professional experience working in an academic library.
In accordance with the Minnesota State Colleges & Universities (MnSCU) Vehicle Fleet Safety Program, employees driving on college/university business who use a rental or state vehicle shall be required to conform to MnSCU’s vehicle use criteria and consent to a Motor Vehicle Records check.
Employment information for this position can be found in its collective bargaining agreement or its plan document at https://mn.gov/mmb/employee-relations/labor-relations/.
Why Work For Us
GREAT BENEFITS PACKAGE! The State of Minnesota offers a comprehensive benefits package including low cost medical and dental insurance, employer paid life insurance, short and long term disability, pre-tax flexible spending accounts, retirement plan, tax-deferred compensation, generous vacation and sick leave, and 11 paid holidays each year.
How to apply
1. For more information about this job opening go to www.mn.gov/careers or to Self Service if you are a current State of Minnesota employee.
2. On the Job Search page enter Job Opening ID number 41103 in the Keywords search box and click Search.
3. Click on the Job Title to view the job posting.
4. If interested, click Apply.
Note: If you are unable to find the job opening it may no longer be posted or is only available to current State of Minnesota employees.
For assistance, contact the Job Information Line at: 651.259.3637