City: St. Paul, MN
Salary: $20,000-$30,000 with bonus structure
Organization website: www.collidetheatrical.org
Is this a remote / work from home position?: This is a hybrid position (partially remote, partially site-based
Collide Theatrical Dance Company’s Managing Director is responsible for establishing and executing on the organization’s strategic plan in cooperation with the Board of Directors and the Artistic Director. The Managing Director will oversee all business aspects of the company with a primary focus on development and finance. The position reports to the Board of Directors and works collaboratively with the Artistic Director.
The Managing Director will represent Collide to donors, media, patrons, and the community at large, in partnership with the Artistic Director. This person will be able to clearly articulate the mission, vision, and strategy of the organization to all external constituents.
The Managing Director will be responsible for the following:
Cultivation, Development and Fundraising (50%)
• Serve as a cultivator of key donor relationships, and in the development of prospective donors.
• Developing and executing an annual fundraising and season sponsorship plan
• Working in collaboration to manage the grant timeline.
• Working in collaboration to organize and execute annual fundraising gala
• Maintain records of all donations in donor database
Financial Management (40%)
• Responsible for day-to-day bookkeeping, including accounts payable/receivable
• Works with Board Treasurer to oversee cash flow in adherence to board-approved budget
• Manages Employee and Independent Contractor paperwork & Inputs Payroll
• Oversees annual audit and preparation of 990.
• In partnership with the Artistic Director, creates and maintains organizational budgets.
• Oversee customer service and box office operations for events
• Oversee Marketing and Media relations planning and implementation.
The ideal candidate will provide strategic leadership with a passion for theater arts. Experience in a nonprofit environment is required; experience leading a theater organization is a plus. The successful candidate will be a collaborative and adept at fostering a diverse, respectful and inclusive environment within the organization.
The Managing Director will be innovative in approaching revenue generation for Collide. A demonstrated track record of leading fundraising from government, corporate, foundation and individual donors is required. The ideal candidate will be a strong and effective communicator to internal and external audiences and will be comfortable articulating strategy, setting priorities and delegating responsibilities.
They will be effective at managing competing priorities while leading, motivating, supporting, and collaborating with the Board, staff, patrons, media, artists and the broader community.
The ideal candidate will exhibit stamina and a strong work ethic, as well as the flexibility to deal with variable flow of work activity. The ideal candidate will be able and willing to regularly attend key events for the organization ranging from performances, board meetings, and special events, to include working evenings and weekends, as necessary.
This is a Part-Time position that works an average of 25 hours per week, fluctuating dependent on performance calendar.
Salary: $20,000-$30,000 with bonus structure.
Collide Theatrical believes in a culture of inclusion, diversity, equity, access, and artistic excellence. Collide strongly encourages applications from Black, Indigenous, People of Color, women, transgender and non-binary candidates and other individuals from identities historically underrepresented in dance. Collide does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, marital status, disability, or veteran status in employment.
Qualifications or requirements
SKILL SET SUMMARY:
• Fundraising leadership experience is required
• Educational Background: a degree of either a BFA/BA/BS is preferred
• Strong and effective communicator, persuasive speaking and writing skills
• Nonprofit experience preferred, either in a professional or active Board or volunteer capacity
• Experience in a leadership role in a theatre organization or other performing arts organization preferred
• Demonstrated strategic leadership
• Positive attitude and willingness to work closely Collides Artistic Director to achieve operational goals
• Willingness to engage in patron services and customer service as needed
How to apply
Please send Resume and Cover letter to Board@collidetheatrical.org