Marketing & Communications Coordinator
City: Wausau, WI
Purpose: The Marketing & Communications Coordinator works with the Director of Marketing & Development on enhancing audience outreach, supporting institutional visibility, product development, and designing marketing collateral and video. The incumbent plays a significant role in supporting the Performing Arts Foundation earned income goals through effective marketing and promotional campaigns, events, and other activities.
Graphic Design & Video Production
Under direction of the Director of Marketing & Development, produces and designs marketing materials that represent the Performing Arts Foundation.
• Creates all print communications including, but not limited to: the Season Brochure, Student Brochure, Sponsorship Brochure, newsletters, print advertisements, Season Program, various sales pieces, venue signage, billboards, and fund drive solicitation materials.
• Produces institutional and show related videos.
• Develops and manages digital graphic design projects, including custom images for website, social media, and digital signs.
• Ensures the organization stays abreast to new industry trends and technology.
Under direction of the Director of Marketing & Development, creates and manages communications that represent the Performing Arts Foundation.
• Composes press releases, letters, and other corporate writing projects including grants and sponsorship proposals.
• Creates and edits copy for brochures, newsletters, programs, website, and more.
• Oversees email marketing timeline and strategy that promotes and engages patrons of the Performing Arts Foundation.
• Acquires and organizes promotional resources from artists, agents, promoters, etc. for season promotion.
• Manages, maintains, and creates a digital strategy for the Performing Arts Foundation social media outlets and website.
• Creates and manages customer surveys; delivers surveys to patrons and presents results.
Under direction of the Director of Marketing & Development, assists in developing and implementing marketing strategies that broaden the organization’s impact and effectiveness.
• Works with Executive Director and Director of Marketing and Development to develop sales “enhancers”.
• Responsible for management of volunteers for poster distribution.
• Assists the Director of Education and Community Engagement in the creation and setup of organizational special events and outreach activities.
• Provide support securing ad sales for the annual season program.
• Other duties as assigned.
The Performing Arts Foundation, Inc., established in 1972, is a multi-disciplinary, comprehensive, community supported arts agency classified 501(c)(3) by the Internal Revenue Service.
Qualifications or requirements
Requirements of the position:
o Four year Degree or Technical Degree with equivalent work experience required.
o Must provide writing and design samples with resume and cover letter.
o Passion for the arts, an eye for design, and the ability to think about a comprehensive brand of the Performing Arts Foundation.
o Must possess exemplary writing and communication skills and be able to effectively communicate the compelling mission of the Performing Arts Foundation. Copywriting, editing, and proofing skills are necessary.
o Proficient in Adobe InDesign, Photoshop, Premiere, and Microsoft Office.
o Ability to keep consistent office hours, plus additional evening and weekend work based on the schedule of shows.
o Regular public and agent contact.
How to apply
Send resume, cover letter, writing and design samples to Melanie Schumann at email@example.com, or mail to The Grand Theater – 401 Fourth St. Wausau, WI 54403.