Marketing & Communications Manager
City: Minneapolis, MN
The Marketing and Communications Manager creates, develops and implements a comprehensive marketing and public relations strategy in collaboration with the Director of Advancement and The Cowles Center’s senior leadership team to provide measurable marketing initiatives designed to 1) establish and build The Cowles Center brand as a recognized premier center for dance; 2) deepen community engagement and form lasting relationships to grow audience and public awareness; 3) attract and retain patrons for The Cowles Center and its performance arts organizations.
Qualifications or requirements
• Collaborate with the Director of Advancement and The Cowles Center’s senior leadership team to ensure a clear and accurate interpretation of the organization’s mission, vision and direction are communicated to both external audiences and internal stakeholders.
• Develop annual programmatic and company/show specific marketing and public relations plans that align with the broader institutional messaging and goals.
• Serve as project lead on the planning and implementation of:
– Performance Programs;
• Gathers content, edits, and works with the Art Director to design/produce triannual playbill program
– Website and Social Media content;
– Integrated e-media and database marketing;
– Earned/Paid Media;
– Public Relations;
– Partnership and collaborative marketing.
• Achieve earned revenue goals, both show and season specific, through the sale of single tickets, and Season Subscriptions
• Manages vendor relationships for marketing and communication initiatives.
• Collaborates with Director of Advancement and other departments/staff to ensure brand integrity, effective relationships and an unwavering focus on the mission of The Cowles Center.
• Provides marketing analysis and planning.
• Monitor show-specific earned revenue projections, implementing promotional, and dynamic pricing initiatives when necessary.
• Manage annual expense budget for marketing and communications.
• Maintains visibility and support of The Cowles Center’s mission through community engagement initiatives and performance attendance at The Cowles Center.
• Collaborates marketing with the individual companies presented during The Cowles Center’s performance season in an effort to execute effective, complementary strategies designed to meet and exceed performance revenue goals.
• Oversee audience services department.
• Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities and reading trade publications.
• Other duties as directed and required.
Skills, Knowledge & Abilities:
• Proven track record in the planning and implementation of successful, multi-channel marketing strategies, experience with dance or the performing arts preferred.
• Experience in institutional branding and awareness campaigns.
• Working proficiency in broad audience development strategies.
• Web-based video publishing skills, website maintenance, and general design concepts.
• Experience with web-based content management systems.
• Knowledge in new and emerging marketing and social media trends.
• Exceptional analytical skills paired with a creative and innovative mind.
• Exceptional written and oral communication skills.
• Ability to plan/manage workflow on multiple projects simultaneously, detail-oriented, and work with limited supervision.
• Bachelor’s degree, preferably with a marketing, communications or public relations emphasis, or relevant work experience in the field indicating a strong potential for success in the position.
• Minimum of three (3) years of experience in marketing, communications, or public relations.
About The Cowles Center:
The Cowles Center for Dance & the Performing Arts is the flagship institution for dance in Minnesota. Centrally located in Downtown Minneapolis, The Cowles Center includes the 500-seat Goodale Theater, a historic Shubert building and the oldest theater in Downtown; the former Hennepin Center for the Arts, home to 20 leading dance and performing arts organizations; the state-of-the-art Target Education Studio, housing The Cowles Center’s innovative distance learning program; the Illusion Theater; the James Sewell Ballet TEK Box; and the U.S. Bank Atrium. The Cowles Center is a catalyst for the creation, presentation, education, enjoyment, and celebration of dance and the performing arts in the Twin Cities.
How to apply
Email resume to email@example.com or mail to Jobs at The Cowles Center, 528 Hennepin Avenue South, Suite 200, Minneapolis, MN 55403. No phone calls, please. This position will remain open until filled.