City: Minneapolis, MN
Salary: $35,609 – $43,981 annually
Organization website: https://www.guthrietheater.org
Direct link to apply: https://recruiting.ultipro.com/GUT1000/JobBoard/47c392e4-6d7f-1e47-226b-ee862ea48cfb/OpportunityDetail?opportunityId=53e53661-d64c-41b3-baea-8920cceb63a2
Is this a remote / work from home position?: No, this is a site-based position
Reports to: Associate Director of Marketing
The Guthrie Theater engages exceptional theater artists in the exploration of both classic and contemporary plays connecting the community we serve to one another and to the world. Through its extraordinary artists, staff and facility, the Guthrie is committed to the people of Minnesota, and from its place, rooted deeply in the Twin Cities, influences the field as a leading 21st century arts organization.
Every year more than 500 people, both on stage and off, help ensure our success in creating and supporting the highest level of theater. As an organization, we are committed to our values of Artistic Excellence; Community; Equity, Diversity and Inclusion; and Fiscal Responsibility.
The Guthrie Theater would like to acknowledge that we gather on the traditional land of the Dakota People and honor with gratitude the land itself and the people who have stewarded it throughout the generations, including the Ojibwe and other Indigenous nations.
The Marketing Coordinator is a highly collaborative role that provides vital administrative support to the entire Marketing Department, floating between tackling timely tasks that directly support revenue goals for plays and events and managing essential projects that are critical to the long-term success of the organization. All employees are expected to center, model and champion the Guthrie’s core values of Artistic Excellence; Community; Equity, Diversity and Inclusion; and Fiscal Responsibility.
This position is full-time, exempt and benefits-eligible. Compensation for this position is $35,609 – $43,981 annually plus benefits. The typical schedule for this role will vary based on the dynamic schedule of a theater.
The Guthrie is dedicated to building an equitable environment that is mixed across lines of difference and strongly encourages applications from Black, Indigenous, People of Color, women, transgender and non-binary candidates. This position will remain open until filled and until a diverse and qualified pool of candidates is identified. Applicants from populations underrepresented in the theater field are strongly encouraged to apply.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Marketing Support
• Conduct research online or by phone in support of marketing strategies and sales goals.
• Maintain up-to-date contact lists utilized for promotional ticket offers and grassroots marketing.
• Support the coordination of onsite and offsite marketing events to build awareness around programming and represent the Guthrie by engaging community members and promoting the theater’s work.
• Monitor incoming patron emails and distribute them to the appropriate department/staff member or respond on behalf of the Guthrie using approved talking points.
• Plan and implement storage, inventory and archive of marketing materials.
• Develop and oversee a calendar for updating onsite electronic displays.
• Collaborate with Guest Services and Audience Services to ensure marketing materials are available to the public and replenished as needed.
• Identify distribution sites for marketing materials and coordinate delivery/drop-off plans.
• Serve as the point person for print vendors, soliciting bids and negotiating the best rates.
• Oversee the delivery of print collateral and signage to ensure materials are received/delivered on time.
• Serve as a liaison between the mail house, U.S. Postal Service and other vendors as needed.
• Maintain inventory of Guthrie stationery and place new orders as needed.
• Facilitate and work on a variety of in-house print projects, including making copies and cutting paper to size.
2. Communications Support
• Track, summarize and archive press coverage.
• Prepare press reports for productions and programming; distribute as needed.
• Transcribe recorded events and interviews for Marketing Department use.
• Track press ticket requests for Opening Night and press performances.
• Maintain free online calendar listings for Guthrie productions and programming.
• Monitor the press email inbox and respond to requests for photos and information or forward to the appropriate department/staff member.
• Help facilitate in-house photo and video shoots.
• Accompany Guthrie staff and artists to press interviews as needed.
• Participate in Marketing Department strategy sessions to develop campaigns in support of Guthrie productions and programming.
• Attend productions and events to maintain a working knowledge of Guthrie offerings.
• Track Marketing Department expenses, obtaining approvals and remitting bills to the Finance Department.
• Support the Video and Photo Content Creator in the setup of equipment for photo and video shoots.
• Transport and manage the storage of Guthrie play programs and other publications.
• Collect and distribute department mail.
• Support the Digital Marketing Associate by deploying emails via Wordfly as needed.
• Capture behind-the-scenes photos of staff and artists at work and special events as needed.
• Order office supplies for departmental use as needed.
• Foster a work environment of Artistic Excellence; Community; Equity, Diversity and Inclusion; and Fiscal Responsibility.
• Complete other duties as assigned.
Qualifications or requirements
• Prior administrative experience required. Experience in marketing or the arts preferred.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, including Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
• Experience working in Tessitura is helpful, but not required.
• Enthusiastic self-starter, troubleshooter and collaborative team member.
• Strong organizational skills; ability to handle multiple tasks, manage priorities and meet deadlines.
• Strong attention to detail, with proficiency in verbal and written communication skills.
• Works independently and collaboratively in a fast-paced environment with multiple, and sometimes conflicting, priorities.
• Exercises good judgment, maintains confidentiality and adapts to change.
• Experience, ability and commitment to working with individuals and teams that are mixed across lines of difference, such as race, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, ability, age, class and immigrant status.
• Must be willing and able to work flexible hours/days, reflective of the dynamic schedule of a theater.
How to apply
A NOTE FROM HUMAN RESOURCES
For the safety of our guests and staff, the Guthrie Theater requires employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Documentation of vaccination status must be provided if an offer of employment is made.
Applicants must submit the following to be considered for the position:
• Cover letter