Marketing / Gift Shop Manager
City: New York Mills, MN
Salary: $13 – $15 per hour
Is this a remote / work from home position?: No
Seeking individual for fun, challenging, and flexible job opportunity. Duties include marketing, management of gift shop, weekly sales reconciliation, and event planning & execution. 25-30 hours/week, beginning ASAP.
MARKETING: Maximize community impact through effective marketing of programs.
• Design/create marketing materials for each event in appropriate timelines, including website post, social media, press release, poster (for print and electronic use), e-newsletter.
• Timely responses to messages and comments on social media and through email inbox
• Create day-of signage for events as applicable (bar prices, gallery banners, etc.)
• Acquire necessary info (bio, copy, photos, etc.) in order to market programs and events
• External marketing: Liaise with community members/organizations to target market events
• Website management: Update at least weekly to ensure current content: adjust upcoming events, current events, top and bottom slide shows; use calendar to determine what to feature
• Create seasonal marketing flyer/newsletter for 3 seasons/year (winter/spring, summer, fall)
GIFT SHOP: Maximize sales for artists and an earned revenue source for the Center.
• Manage consignment process: Maintain all items in POS system, request inventory as needed, track & reconcile sales and pay artists quarterly; conduct a full physical count annually.
• Manage wholesale process: purchase, price, track sales, replenish, annual inventory count.
• Develop and maintain vendor and artist relationships to ensure best pricing and availability.
• Work with E.D. to set sales and profitability goals annually during the budget process.
• Effectively coach, train, and work together with all staff to achieve sales goals.
• Establish rapport with all visitors to the Center as the first point of contact.
• Review merchandise regularly to determine sales or clearance promotional needs.
• Develop annual Marketing Plan and effectively promote merchandise and events.
• Plan Annual Artist Bazaar: invite artists, manage inventory, promotions, reporting, payments.
WEEKLY SALES: Create weekly sales reports based on ShopKeep reports and what is needed for accounting purposes; prepare bank deposit weekly.
MEMBERSHIP: Maintain LGL CRM system by tracking and updating all membership contributions, donations and gifts (monetary and in-kind). Send membership reminder and thank you letters and related materials.
EVENT PLANNING: Coordinate various events including concerts, gallery receptions, and recurring Center events: contact board members and volunteers, arrange for food and supplies, coordinate setups of equipment, prepare spreadsheets listing event information: activities, personnel, and expenses; plan set-up and take-down processes, create and administer evaluation practices.
ADMINISTRATIVE: Work front desk, greet visitors, answer phones. Assist with program delivery, events, activities, tourism inquiries, and general hospitality. Assist with administrative tasks and support as needed.
NOTE: We recognize that we may need to hire more than one person to fulfill these duties. We will match responsibilities to skills in hiring the best people to join our creative team!
Qualifications or requirements
REQUIREMENTS: Some weekends and evenings required. Some physical work required.
SKILLS: Creative Problem Solver, Flexibility, Team Player, Ability to Multi-task, Customer Focus, Pricing, Vendor & Artist Relationships, Market Knowledge, Results Driven, Strategic Planning, Client Relationships, Verbal and Written Communication, Financial Knowledge, Promotional Planning, Merchandise Planning, Graphic Design, Social Media, Promotional/Event Planning.
PROGRAMS: Google suite, Microsoft (Excel, Word), WordPress, MailChimp, Canva, LGL, ShopKeep.
EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE: Arts/marketing/merchandising education, experience and/or interest preferred.