Nature-Base Art Instructor & Tour Intern
City: Eagan, MN
Salary: $11 per hour
Is this a remote / work from home position?: No
Nature-Based Art Instruction & Tour Internship
Located in an urban oasis in Eagan, Minnesota, Caponi Art Park is a distinctive nonprofit community space. CAP offers cultural and educational experiences in an inviting, natural setting. Our mission is to restore and nurture the human spirit through art, nature and community. Our tours and workshops use nature as a tool to teach art and art history to all ages.
This 3-5 month internship is ideal for an individual aspiring to teach art, gain experience in nonprofits and for those who have a strong connection to nature. Interns will conduct socially distanced guided tours and art workshops for visitors of all ages and take art workshops off-site through our Caponi on the Road program. Interns will work directly with Caponi Art Park staff to develop skills in using art and nature as a way to explore and communicate creative ideas. The goal of the tour and workshop programs is for participants to develop an appreciation for art and nature.
Caponi Art Park has COVID-19 protocols in place for the safety of all park staff, interns, and organizations participating in our programs.
In addition, the internship includes assisting with up to 4 socially-distanced outdoor events the park may plan this summer. These events usually take place on Saturdays or Sundays and have a time commitment of 3-4 hours.
• Conduct tours and instruct hands-on nature-based art workshops
• Adapt tours and workshops to meet the specific needs of each tour group
• Travel to locations around the Twin Cities and lead Caponi on the Road workshops
• Monitor and maintain workshop supply inventory as needed
Qualifications or requirements
Experience and Qualifications:
• Bachelor’s degree (completed or in progress) in art, education or other related fields
• Teaching experience is a plus
• Background in environmental studies is a plus
• Must be comfortable working with all age groups and abilities, especially children ages 3-12
• Must be able to manage and direct groups of up to 25 people
• Must have great public speaking skills
• Must have a valid driver’s license, reliable transportation, and be willing to travel regularly to Caponi on the Road class sites around the metro area
• Dependability and timeliness is a must
How to apply
Email cover letter, resume, and 1 professional reference to Lauren Balogh: email@example.com, call 651-454-9412 with questions.