City: Minneapolis, MN
Salary: $45,000–$50,000 / annually
Is this a remote / work from home position?: No, this is a site-based position
Graywolf Press seeks an organized and detail-oriented self-starter for the position of Office Manager.
Graywolf Press is a nonprofit publisher of fiction, nonfiction, and poetry, including work in translation. We aim to publish books and authors that foster new thinking about what it means to live in the world today. We publish thirty new books each year. Our office headquarters is based in Minneapolis, Minnesota.
The Office Manager will report to Finance & Managing Director and Sales & Operations Manager. This position is responsible for the smooth running of Graywolf’s physical office space and particular support of the Director and Publisher, including travel and meeting scheduling. Graywolf has twenty employees, many of whom work entirely remotely or in hybrid arrangements. This position will be based onsite five days per week and is not eligible for a remote or hybrid arrangement.
The ideal candidate for this job is interested in an administrative career, with possible growth in operations, information technology, or human resources. While we will consider entry-level candidates, we would prefer a candidate with six months to two years of administrative assistant or executive assistant experience.
The salary range is $45,000–$50,000, dependent on experience. Compensation includes paid time off; paid parental leave; health, dental, and life insurance, as well as short-term and long-term disability insurance; and a transit pass. Graywolf employees are eligible for retirement benefits after one year of service. This is a full-time, nonexempt position based in Minneapolis with a start date in September 2021.
• Serve as receptionist; answer the phone and greet visitors.
• Manage correspondence to Graywolf’s general email address.
• Open and distribute incoming mail; receive package deliveries.
• Receive and process checks; maintain the check log.
• Handle all outgoing mail and packages, including development solicitations and acknowledgment letters, single copy and bulk book mailings, and international packages.
• Support editorial and production departments by scanning, copying, and couriering production materials as directed by the Associate Publisher.
• Bind and send manuscripts as directed by editors.
• Maintain office supplies and equipment, including copier and mail machine.
• Support fundraising and stewardship events organized by the development department with invitation mailings, tracking RSVPs, and other logistics, as directed.
• Maintain a welcoming office environment; set up and clear meeting rooms for meetings with board members and other guests.
• Print materials and provide support for meetings.
• Serve as back-up for technology support, including reporting issues to third-party IT providers.
• In fall 2021, assist with the transition to a unified office space, which may include some moving of supplies and books.
Executive Assistant to the Director and Publisher
• Manage the Director and Publisher’s calendar.
• Book travel arrangements, schedule meetings, and make reservations.
• Manage the Director and Publisher’s archive.
• Provide tech support to the Director and Publisher as needed.
Qualifications or requirements
Required Education, Skills, Knowledge, and Abilities
• Residence in the Twin Cities area or ability to relocate to here by September 2021.
• Previous experience in an office environment.
• Interest in nonprofit arts organizations, especially the literary arts.
• Strong organizational skills, attention to detail, and ability to accomplish tasks with a high degree of autonomy.
• High level of comfort with Mac OS and Microsoft Office suite and other basic office technology.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills.
• Ability to work cooperatively with our small staff, board of directors, and as part of a team.
• A professional and friendly attitude.
Preferred Skills and Experience
• Executive assistant experience.
• Experience providing technology support.
Must be able to perform the essential duties of the position with or without reasonable accommodation.
• Required to move about in an office environment and sit for extended periods of time.
• Frequent use of hands for data entry/keystrokes.
• Must be able to carry and lift boxes of books and other materials.
How to apply
Please apply via Submittable: https://graywolfpress.submittable.com/submit/196160/graywolf-press-office-manager. Applications will be accepted and reviewed on a rolling basis from June 10-28, 2021. The deadline to apply is 5:00pm CDT Monday, June 28, 2021. No phone calls please. Please note that the Graywolf office will be closed the week of July 5-9, and interviews will not take place until the week of July 12.
Graywolf Press is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity. We welcome and encourage applicants of all races, ethnicities, gender and sexual identities, and disability statuses. To request an accommodation in the hiring process, please email email@example.com.