On-site Learning Manager
City: Bloomington, MN
Salary: $48,000 to $50,000 per year
Is this a remote / work from home position?: No, this is a site-based position
Develop, manage, and promote Artistry’s on-site, fee-based and other arts education programs to increase both the quantity and diversity of students of all age groups we serve.
• Work independently and with teaching artists to develop marketable classes and workshops that cover a range of skill levels and artistic media that reflect relevant trends in community-based arts education and consumer behavior.
• Recruit, screen, contract with, and evaluate highly skilled teaching artists.
• Work with the Manager of Community Partnerships to grow the depth and diversity of Artistry’s teaching artist roster.
• Regularly evaluate tuition-based programming and change offerings, teaching artists, pricing, scheduling, and other elements as needed to attract and retain a large and diverse student base.
• Seek and apply student feedback systematically to strengthen and refine education offerings.
• Hire, supervise, and support clay and glass studio personnel to ensure that related facilities and equipment are safe, functional, and serve the artistic and educational needs of all students.
• Promote education offerings by, among other things, writing copy for print and electronic platforms, and coordinating with staff responsible for relevant design work.
• Develop and manage annual work plans and budgets for tuition-based education programming and provide program performance data to the executive director.
• Work with City of Bloomington staff and Artistry colleagues to ensure that education facilities are reserved when needed and appropriately maintained.
• Develop policies and procedures related to the on-site, fee-based education program.
Qualifications or requirements
Education and Experience
• Bachelor’s degree in Fine Arts, Arts Education, or Education with an arts emphasis (or related field) or equivalent experience.
• Three years’ experience in arts administration at a program manager level, preferably in community arts education management.
• Demonstrated success in program marketing and promotion.
• Experience in the supervision and coordination of contractors.
• Experience developing and managing annual budgets.
Skills and Abilities
• Excellent written and oral communication skills.
• Excellent interpersonal and relationship-building skills, including skills in resolving conflict and working with strong and diverse personalities.
• Excellent time management and project management skills, including the ability to attend to details while maintaining a big picture perspective.
• Strong financial management skills, including the ability to develop and manage budgets and interpret financial activity statements.
• Computer proficiency in all areas of Microsoft Office; familiarity with graphic design programs and database development and management preferred.
• Ability to plan, problem-solve, and follow through on commitments.
• Ability to effectively manage competing priorities.
• Deep commitment to Artistry’s mission, vision, values, and programs. Resourcefulness, creativity, and flexibility.
• Confidence and poise.
• High emotional intelligence and adaptability.
• Energy, enthusiasm, and a can-do attitude.
• Sense of humor.
• Patient, curious and collaborative nature.
• A working knowledge of the people, organizations, trends, and market intelligence relevant to the production and teaching of visual arts in our region.
• The drive, vision, and focus required to build a regionally recognized arts education program distinguished among Artistry’s perceived peers for overall excellence.
How to apply
To be considered for this position, please email a cover letter and resume to Kevin Ramach, Executive Director at email@example.com