Patron Services Manager
City: Osseo, MN
Yellow Tree Theatre is seeking a Patron Services Manager
Yellow Tree Theatre is a professional nonprofit theatre company in the Northwest Suburbs of Minneapolis in Osseo, Minnesota. The organization is committed to serving as an artistic home for Twin Cities artists, and to being a welcoming artistic venue in a thriving and vibrant community.
YELLOW TREE THEATRE’S MISSION
Yellow Tree Theatre brings stories to life that ignite passion, inspire laughter and awaken possibility while exploring and celebrating the great complexities of the human spirit. We strive to be a welcoming artistic venue where people of all ages and walks of life can gather to experience authentic community, and to produce high-quality professional productions in the heart of the Northwest suburbs of Minneapolis, making live theatre more accessible to the community.
PATRON SERVICES MANAGER:
Reports to: Managing Director & Executive Artistic Director
Hours: Full time, Aug. 1st – May 31st; hours reduced June 1st – July 31st; hours fluctuate between daytime, nights and weekends depending on production schedule.
Job Summary: The Patron Services Manager serves as the voice of community for the organization and reports to the Managing Director and Executive Artistic Director. The Patron Services Manager is responsible for deepening the organization’s relationships with YTT’s audiences, overseeing and managing all areas of box office and front of house, and providing customer service and administrative support to the organization. The Patron Services Manager serves to manage the sale of tickets to customers and is responsible for financial report functions, monitoring, and reconciling data, as well as managing all front-of-house operations during performances and other events scheduled at Yellow Tree Theatre. The Patron Services Manager must be able to think strategically and manage box office staff and volunteers through effective leadership and clear communications.
Box Office Duties:
· Staffs box office assistants, including seasonal help, while staying within a strict budget.
· Trains box office assistants on appropriate procedures, software, credit card processing, handling difficult situations with customers, etc.
· Works directly with box office software (EasyWare/ Total Info) to set up all events (single, subscription, and others as requested) and discounts.
· Establishes and maintains effective working relationships with key strategic partners.
· Creatively assesses Yellow Tree Theatre ticketing needs with a focus on accurate reporting of patron data/recommendations, selects and helps locate appropriate solutions based on customer needs and desires.
· Runs daily sales reports and reconciles with finance.
· Oversees all aspects of ticketing including subscription, single ticket and group sales, complimentary tickets, gift certificates, etc.
· Manages box office phone system.
· Manages concession inventory on all shows
· Maintains knowledge of current sales and promotions, policies regarding payment and exchanges, and security practices.
· Manages group sales communications, policies and follow-up
· Runs the box office with a high degree of customer service orientation to maintain excellent public relations with the public.
· Demonstrates good judgment by escalating issues to the Managing Director when appropriate.
· Performs all duties in enthusiastic manner, is an advocate for YTT in all circumstances, seeks to further YTT’s mission as a key employee
Front of House Duties:
· Schedules, trains and supervises volunteer ushers.
· In conjunction with the technical staff on duty (Stage Manager) authorizes the house opening for each performance.
· Prepares written reports documenting concession sales, staffing, attendance, incidents, and other information after each performance.
· Prints and organizes patron tickets prior to each performance
· In charge of maintaining lobby and theater space prior to and following each performance. This includes bathroom cleanliness, emptying trash, straightening chairs, tidying up following each performance.
· Communicates courteously and effectively with patrons to ensure the highest level of customer satisfaction while at the theatre.
· Is prepared to assist any patrons who have medical or other emergencies.
· Maintains professional composure during times of high traffic .
Yellow Tree Theatre operates with a small staff structure and all staff are required to wear multiple hats. Successful candidates will be willing to:
· Deliver exceptional customer service with an energetic and positive communication style.
· Maintain a professional appearance and manner.
· Perform additional duties as assigned by the Managing Director.
· Provide special project support including assisting with annual Gala and other donor events.
· Assist with assembling mailers related to giving campaigns, season subscriptions, and fundraising events when needed.
· Order office supplies.
· Assist with actors’ laundry during production.
· Assist with small graphic design projects.
Salary: Negotiable, depending on qualifications
Benefits: Six paid holidays; access to employer-sponsored FSA for pre-tax salary deductions to be used for health care and other qualified expenses
PTO: Ten days paid time off (based on 8-hour days)
Yellow Tree Theatre is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are based on individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression (including transsexual and inter-sexed), national origin, age, disability, marital status, political affiliation, status with respect to public assistance or veteran status, or other status protected by law.
Qualifications or requirements
Experience and Skills
• Bachelors or Associate Degree preferred, but not required
• Demonstrated experience in Box Office management strongly preferred
• Previous knowledge of EasyWare/Total Info ticketing system preferred
• Working knowledge of Photoshop and simple graphic design ability preferred
• Previous experience with cash handling
• Detail-oriented individual with the ability to deal with multiple projects simultaneously
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills, both oral and written
• Computer proficiency-Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Access, Outlook)
• Strong attention to detail and accuracy
• Must be able to manage a team of box office workers and volunteers without supervision
• Possesses a positive attitude and a willingness to wear multiple hats
• Able to prioritize, be flexible, and adaptable
• Must be able to lift up to 25lbs.
How to apply
To apply, please email cover letter and resume to managing director Peter Carlson: email@example.com