Program Facilitator – Musician
City: Minneapolis, MN
Salary: $33k – $37k based on a 10 month schedule
ABOUT YOUTH FRONTIERS:
OUR MISSION AND VISION is to provide schools with experiences that inspire character, civility and community so that our next generation of leaders is grounded in character.
Youth Frontiers staff members aspire daily to demonstrate a strong understanding and use of YF’s CORE VALUES:
QUALITY – To passionately be the best at, and continuously improve, all that we do.
CARING – To create communities where everyone is respected.
GROWTH – To continue to reach more schools by expanding and innovating our programs and challenging our people to grow personally to be the best they can be.
At Youth Frontiers, we provide schools with experiences that inspire character, civility and community so that our next generation of leaders is grounded in character. We are a nonprofit, non-partisan organization and have been making a difference in the lives of students and educators for 30 years.
Our team is hand-picked to create the best experience for students, educators and schools. Our people are passionate, creative and fun and believe that every student can positively impact their school and our world.
Youth Frontiers is a 2015 Minnesota winner of the Psychologically Healthy Workplace Award from the American Psychological Association.
ABOUT THE JOB:
Our Program Facilitator Musicians deliver our mission and message through music to more than 126,000 students and educators every year! You will work with a team to deliver high-energy programming by leading games and activities and communicating compelling content that will inspire students to lead lives of better character.
• You will help lead and facilitate interactive four to six hour-long programs for 100+ students, grades 4-12 throughout the school year.
• You will execute many aspects of Youth Frontiers’ programs by being an active part of a program team.
• You will perform solo music that contributes to the messages and themes of the program.
• You will transport equipment to and from program sites.
• You will build relationships with student programming participants including with school staff and small-group leaders.
• You will attend regular staff meetings and various work-related events, including ongoing training, special functions and projects throughout the year.
• You will perform other job-related duties as apparent or assigned.
WHY YOU WANT TO WORK WITH US:
• Our employees consistently name their coworkers as the number one reason they love working here!
• Every day you get to perform YOUR music to deliver our message and see the amazing impact it has on students and their school communities.
• Our culture is nurturing, fun, growth-minded and quality-focused.
• You get two summer months off (hooray!) when schools are not in session.
• You are eligible to receive all benefits we offer our employees, year-round, including medical, dental, short-term disability, and a whole bunch more that are listed at the end of this job posting!
• You will receive intensive and ongoing coaching on delivering our programs, as well as trainings about youth development, adolescent psychology, presenting to large audiences and self-care.
• You will have paid time off, and nine paid holidays, including one floating holiday.
• Our employees have the opportunity to seek out professional growth opportunities for themselves, through outside training sources.
• Our organization comes together several times per year to learn and PLAY! We get to step away from our regular workday to connect as a team and build our shared culture.
Qualifications or requirements
• You remember what it was like to be a kid. You can speak kid.
• You are a talented, solo musician with performance experience. You sing and play guitar and/or keyboard, or you are a Hip Hop musician. You can write and perform songs that will connect with and engage 150 students!
• You are passionate about working with youth and possess a strong desire to make a difference in young people’s lives.
• You are a go-getter that takes your work seriously, even while not always taking yourself seriously.
• You enjoy going above and beyond in your work to support your coworkers and to reach your full potential.
• You are willing to take risks and push yourself out of your comfort zone.
• You have the ability to connect with people one-on-one and in a large group, whether they are adults or youth.
• You are curious, courageous and committed to personal growth and professional development.
• You have the experience and skills that allow you to communicate and function at a high level with diverse audiences.
• You have a valid driver’s license, you are able to drive frequently, fly occasionally, and have the flexibility to travel overnight, 40-60 days over the course of the school year.
• Although you may not be able to leap tall buildings (probably), you can lift and maneuver 50 lbs.
YOU MIGHT ALSO:
• Have a couple of years of previous youth work experience.
• Have previous experience with public presentation or performance.
• Have pursued or plan to pursue higher education.
• Be completely fine with the occasional random, midday dance party.
How to apply
When applying, you must include a link to your website (or a YouTube video) that showcases your music.
Successful candidates will be intentional and specific in their cover letter.
This position is classified as regular, full-time, exempt.
The start date for the position is Monday, July 22, 2019.
Here is the full list of all those amazing benefits that we mentioned above: medical and dental insurance, optional HSA and FSA accounts, life/AD&D insurance, voluntary additional life insurance, long-term and short-term disability, voluntary critical illness and accidental injury insurance, voluntary vision insurance, voluntary Legal and Identity Theft resources, 403(b) retirement savings with employer match, travel and employee assistance programs, adoption benefits, PTO and paid holidays, and all other regulated and mandated federal and state employee benefits.
See our website at youthfrontiers.org for more information.
Informational Session: Wednesday, March 20, 7:00 to 8:00 p.m.
Come learn about Youth Frontiers and what it means to be a Program Facilitator! You will have the opportunity to meet other Program Facilitators and get a taste of how this work makes an impact in the world. The meeting will be held at our office (5215 Edina Industrial Blvd, Suite 400 Edina, MN 55439). Note: This is not an interview. Attendees need not apply to attend this meeting, nor is it a requirement to attend if you want to apply. RSVP to firstname.lastname@example.org appreciated.
Youth Frontiers seeks to hire from a diverse pool of applicants and encourages people from all backgrounds to apply. Youth Frontiers will not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital or familial status, public assistance status or any other legally protected status.
Please apply through our careers page: https://www.youthfrontiers.org/careers/