City: Grand Marais, MN
Salary: $39,000 – $41,000 annually
Is this a remote / work from home position?: No, this is a site-based position
North House Folk School is a unique educational nonprofit committed to enriching lives and building community through the teaching of traditional northern crafts in a student-centered learning environment that inspires the hands, the heart and the mind. The staff team works in cooperation with both volunteers and instructors to ensure that each student’s experience at North House is of the highest possible quality. The ideals of cooperation, teamwork, dedication and creativity are central to the success of the organization.
1) Coordinate programs for Emerging Artisans: Manage and advance North House’s internship and Artisan Development programs, including hiring, coaching, supervision and program evaluation.
2) Lead and advance North House Folk School’s community programs and local community engagement efforts in close cooperation with the Program Director and other program staff.
3) Facilitate the involvement of both volunteers and work study students in roles that address the needs of campus care, special events, improvement projects and other opportunities.
4) Interpret the North House Folk School’s mission and programs for the public, welcoming all inquiries, dispersing accurate information and providing excellent customer service.
5) Cooperate with other North House staff facilitating day-to-day operations of the school
Qualifications or requirements
Experience managing educational programs, providing supervision & coaching, engaging a wide range of people, and coordinating public events; willingness to assist with varied projects; flexibility; creativity; significant experience utilizing computers; excellent oral and written communication skills; and a commitment to teamwork. Prior involvement in nonprofit organizations and public programming; demonstrated enthusiasm for traditional northern crafts are all desirable.
How to apply
Interested individuals are encouraged to visit North House’s website to request a full resource and information packet: https://northhouse.org/about-us/jobs