Programs & Services Manager
City: St Paul, MN
Salary: $60,000 / yr.
Is this a remote / work from home position?: Yes
Reporting to the Senior Director of Programs & Services, the Programs & Services Manager is a full time member of the Programs & Services department, which encompasses The Friends’ work as the Library of Congress-designated Minnesota Center for the Book and Library Strategies Consulting Group. Center for the Book activities promote reading, literacy, and libraries throughout the state, and Library Strategies empowers libraries with accessible and practical tools, information, and strategies.
Library Strategies partners with library organizations nationally and internationally to cultivate their potential so that they can better serve and strengthen their communities. Our consulting services include strategic planning and resource development and community engagement, which includes development planning, feasibility studies for capital campaigns, Friends and Foundation work, and board development. We have a pool of internal and external consultants fulfilling this work.
This position is responsible for leading client acquisition, contributing to the development of the consulting pool, and supporting the business management of Library Strategies, as well as program and audience development for The Friends’ portfolio of programs and services focused on serving readers, writers, and libraries. This role is ideally suited for a professional with experience in consulting, sales and/or business background, project management skills, and an interest in employment in a mission-based, community-focused learning environment. This is a full-time, non-exempt position.
Qualifications or requirements
The person who will be a good fit for this role:
• Thrives on relationship-building
• Is self-motivated and enjoys being part of a team
• Brings creative thinking and a love for process, as well as problem solving skills
• Has a service mindset that focuses on creating value, loyalty and trust among colleagues, the library and literary communities, and contributors to The Friends
• A strong sense of personal responsibility and integrity
Requirements for the role include:
• Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field OR combination of relevant educational, professional, and lived experience, including: 5-7 years’ experience in consulting, project management, sales, non-profit administration, or library work.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, particularly Excel, and familiarity with Adobe Suite preferred
• Experience with Salesforce preferred
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills and comfort with speaking in front of audiences
• Strong project management skills and capabilities with the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously to achieve results according to established timelines.
How to apply
Qualified candidates should submit a cover letter and resume outlining qualifications, experience, and references to email@example.com.
Applications will be screened as they are received, and the position will be filled when the best candidate is identified. This position will start January 2021.
Applicants should specifically address required experience in detail for consideration. No phone calls, please.