Public Art (RFQ)
City: Minneapolis, MN
Call for Artists Request for Qualifications for Public Art at Target Field
Project Partners: Minnesota Ballpark Authority and the Minnesota Twins
The Minnesota Ballpark Authority (MBA) and the Minnesota Twins (Team) are seeking to incorporate new public art on Target Plaza near Gate 29. The MBA and the team seek to add a new mural to replace the existing glass panel displays along 7th Street
that currently depict historic Minnesota ballparks.
The theme of this project is ‘All Are Welcome at Target Field and Celebrating Our Community’s Rich Diversity.’ The proposed artist budget is $25,000. The fabrication and installation of new metal panels for the art will be managed by others, in
coordination with the selected artist. The total cost of the project will be determined once the design and scope have been finalized, and approved, by the MBA and the team. Artists or artist teams of up to two may apply.
Qualifications or requirements
• The project is open to Minnesota artists and artist teams of no more than two people.
• Artists applying must be readily available during the timeline.
• The project encourages persons from various cultures and ethnic backgrounds to apply.
• Artists who are ineligible to apply include current staff of the City of Minneapolis, Hennepin County, Minnesota Ballpark Authority, the Metropolitan Council and the Minnesota Twins.
• Artists must have experience developing at least one project for a public or private sector client and experience in engaging the community.
How to apply
See full call for qualifications here: https://ballparkauthority.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/08/FINALTargetField2021PublicArtRFQpdf.pdf
Application deadline: September 20, 4 p.m.