City: St. Paul, MN
Salary: $13 per – $14 per hour
Is this a remote / work from home position?: No
LOOKING FOR FULL & PART TIME APPLICANTS – ASK US ABOUT OUR SIGNING BONUS!
Full-time employees are eligible to receive health and dental benefits after a 60-day waiting period. After 90 days of employment, they are eligible for Paid Time Off (PTO) and are able to participate in the company 401k plan after one year of employment.
Our staff of 60+ is very self motivated and proud of their work. Currently we produce over 11,000 mugs per week for a customer base that exceeds 5,000.
The majority of our clients are in the hospitality industry (B&B, Inns, or Resorts) but our most active and growing type of customer is our restaurants and parks. We believe that our influence goes far beyond the extraordinary goods we produce and sell. Deneen Pottery is also deeply committed to conserving resources, recycling and reuse since our founding in 1972 – our green initiatives include installing a 399 rooftop solar array and setting up a waste reduction program that includes company wide composting.
Summary: Responsible for scrubbing the mugs by performing the following duties to quality and productivity standards. Must have the ability to work both alone and/or with a team.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Receive product from the Glazers, by the boards placed on the conveyor system. Read and interpret work orders and instructions. Being aware of “RUSH”, “Need By”, special orders and projected ship date and projected ship date information.
2. Verify the mug color and medallion matches the work order.
3. Before starting the scrubbing process, will need to make your scrubbing pad for your shift.
4. By using the scrub tool and blow away the extra dust, it is imperative that product meets quality standards.
5. Once there are 10 boards full, total of 200 mugs, will need to move to the roller sponge workstation.
6. Sponge the bottom of each mug, by using the roller sponge; make sure the entire glaze is removed.
9. Once a board is full, will transfer to a cart. Once the cart is full, will transfer cart to the Kiln Department.
10. Reports defective materials or questionable conditions to the department supervisor.
11. Maintains the work area and equipment in a clean and orderly condition and follows departmental procedures and prescribed safety regulations.
Other Pertinent Job Information:
1. Exposure – Frequently exposed to fumes or airborne particles, moving mechanical parts and vibration. The noise level in the work environment can be loud.
2. Problem Sensitivity — The ability to tell when something is wrong or is likely to go wrong. It does not involve solving the problem, only recognizing there is a problem.
3. Physical – Regularly required to stand and sit, use hands, and reach with hands and arms, walk, stoop, kneel, crouch, push and pull. May lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Corrected vision is required to be able to perform the job functions.
4. Equipment – scrubber, air hose, foot petals, boards, conveyors, electric floor cleaner, roller sponge and the computer.
5. Ability to work in a variety of working conditions including, but not limited to heat, cold, dust, and noise.
6. Must wear all personal protective equipment required to do the job.
Qualifications or requirements
This is an entry-level position, prior experience is a plus. Must have hand and eye coordination. Accuracy and attention to detail is required. Must be able to enter daily production information into the computer. Corrected vision, not color blind, is required to be able to perform the job functions. A high school diploma or GED is a plus. Knowledge of Macintosh operating systems is a plus, as well as database programs such as File Maker. www.deneenpottery.com
How to apply
Please apply to the link below: