Social Media and Content Coordinator
City: St. Paul, MN
Salary: $25.00 per hour
Is this a remote / work from home position?: No
Twin Cities PBS (TPT) is one of the most innovative public media organizations in the country and you could be part of this team! Our TPT NOW unit, which is the nation’s first 24/7 television broadcast channel airing real-time, health and safety emergency alerts in English, Spanish, Hmong and Somali, is seeking a part time Social Media and Content Coordinator. The Social Media and Content Coordinator develops multi-media content for use on multiple platforms and coordinates the delivery of content on TPT NOW and its cultural and community media carriers. In addition, this position is responsible for TPT NOW’s content metrics, reports, and some operational duties. This role is a grant-funded position and will work approximately 20-24 hours per week through August 2021.
MAJOR AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY:
* Plans an editorial calendar for daily, situational and seasonal coordination of health and safety content across multiple platforms and distributed by community, cultural and MPTA media partners
* Develops creative and innovative ways to engage new and existing audiences, and actively seeks new opportunities to accomplish a variety of marketing goals for the purpose of growing audiences and the visibility of the TPT NOW
* Writes engaging copy and distributes content on TPT NOW platforms in brand-appropriate voices and engages with cultural and community leaders to be sure brand and content messaging is delivered as intended and in context across all platforms (social media, web, broadcast, marketing pieces, partner platforms, etc.)
* Creates content for broadcast, social media and web site audiences (multi-platform) and distributes multi-lingual and multi-platform content through distribution partners including community and cultural media partners to amplify the diverse work of TPT NOW and government with an equity lens
* Evaluates our diverse content and platforms to identify ways to increase visibility and awareness of health and safety information originated by TPT NOW and government partners.
* Coordinates meetings and provides reporting updates for grants that shares TPT NOW’s value and accomplishments.
* Collects and communicates metrics for all platforms and content focus areas using social media and/or broadcast analytics, including paid Facebook campaigns that effectively target content to target audiences
* Leverages digital reporting tools to help improve brand and reach to target audiences and in partnership with community and cultural media partners to help measure “shared campaigns”
* Responsible for general operational duties such as taking produced content and scheduling the program into an automated content distribution system
* Maintains databases (software and excel)
Qualifications or requirements
* Qualified candidates are culturally adaptive and aware of lexicon and linguistic strategies to prepare and distribute content in multiple languages
* Experience working with Adobe Illustrator and Adobe Photoshop
* Experience working with WordPress and other digital media/web tools
* Solid reporting and analytic skills
* Comfortable with technology and familiar with Microsoft Office products (.xls .doc .ppt)
* Strong knowledge, comfort and experience working with different cultures in written and oral forms
* Interest in public health and safety content
* Strong interpersonal skills: must be culturally aware, self-motivated, organized, and strong communication skills
* Successful collaborator who works well with internal and external partners and leaders
* Fluency in Spanish language preferred (written/oral)
* Adapts well to change and new technologies
* Ability to quickly and professionally problem solve a situation.
How to apply
To learn more or to apply, please go to TPT.org/careers/job-openings and click the “Apply for Jobs” button. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation during the application or recruiting process, please send a request to firstname.lastname@example.org
Twin Cities PBS is proud to be an Affirmative Action / Equal Employment Opportunity / Veteran / Disability employer.