City: Minneapolis, MN
Harriet Bart seeks to hire an assistant to work with her in her studio at the Traffic Zone Center for Visual Art in the Minneapolis North Loop. Ideal candidates would have a degree in the arts and/or humanities, arts and cultural management or administration, or museum studies, or work experience in the field of fine art. This is primarily an administrative role.
Freelance, 6-10 hours per week +/_ depending on current studio projects
Flexible based on Assistant’s other commitments.
Ability to work remotely occasionally, as projects allow, in consultation with Harriet.
Paid on the last work session of each month, upon presentation of invoice from the Assistant.
A 1099 is available annually for tax filing purposes.
Qualifications or requirements
● Expertise or extreme comfort with Mac operating system
● Experience in using Adobe suite and Gimp editing software
● Experience with Google suite
● Experience organizing, editing, cataloging images
● Database management experience
● Great personality! Humor, kindness, empathy, loyalty, and a great art eye
● Respectfulness of confidential information
● Basic understanding of accounting expense tracking
● Basic understanding of mailing list programs such as MailChimp
● Project management skills
● Understanding of and experience with graphic design
● Experience with Squarespace or other drag and drop website builders
● Technology support abilities for Apple Desktop, MacBook Pro, iPad, iPhone, and external hard drive
● Contact database maintenance and quarterly mailing list updates
● Assist the artist in grant and award applications, including editing text, images, the submission process, and any related technology needs
● Sales tracking for Artist’s Books
● Assistance with studio organization and cleanliness as directed
● Assist with exhibition preparations, installation, and texts
● Research of art materials for potential use
● Research potential organizations to collaborate with or exhibit
● Research textile collections for potential placement of work
● Assist with annual Traffic Zone Center for Visual Art Open Studio each May
● Other duties as directed
How to apply
We hope to fill this position by early February.
To apply, please send letter of interest and resume/cv to email@example.com by January 23rd, 2020.