Ticket Services Coordinator
City: St. Paul, MN
The Ordway: The Ordway, recognized as one of the U.S.’s leading not-for-profit performing arts centers, is home to a wide variety of performances throughout the year that encompass the finest in American musical theater, world music, dance, and vocal artists. Performances take place in the 1,900-seat Music Theater and a 1,100-seat Concert Hall. The Ordway is committed to providing a welcome and inclusive environment for all patrons, artists, and employees.
Position Purpose: The Ticket Services Coordinator is responsible for revenue generation, providing exceptional customer service, event supervision, and general support for the Ticket Services department at the Ordway.
Candidate Attributes: A successful candidate will relish working in a fast-paced environment and will enjoy communicating with the public, work that involves building and maintaining relationships, problem solving, providing exceptional customer service to all patrons, and has an interest in the arts. The ideal candidate will be a good communicator who enjoys working with the public, is comfortable with the sales process, is able to work in a fast-paced environment, can provide excellent customer service, is a team player, and has an interest in the arts.
• Posting Date: 9/19/19
• Closing Date: Open until filled, this position will remain open until the Ordway has seen a diverse pool of candidates.
• Employee Type: Full-time, Non-exempt
• Department: Ticket Services
• Reports to: Ticket Services Supervisor
Qualifications or requirements
Key Performance Areas:
• Accurately input data and process ticketing transactions in AudienceView.
• Actively promote various Ordway programming; including up-sell and cross-sell opportunities in person and over the phone.
• Assist with incoming and outgoing sales and customer service calls.
• Provide work direction for daytime, evening, and weekend events.
• Correctly handle cash; balance sales reports with daily transactions.
• Assist with teleservices and tele-funding campaigns and initiatives.
• Provide exceptional customer service according to the Ordway’s service standards and guidelines.
• Provide training/mentorship to part-time associates to continually solidify efficiencies.
• Execute revenue generation efforts of other Ordway departments to achieve institutional goals.
• Administer daily Ticket Services operations, creating efficiencies as needed.
• The Ordway is especially interested in candidates who can contribute to the diversity and inclusive excellence of the organization through their exceptional customer service skills.
• High school diploma or GED, bachelor’s degree preferred.
• At least one year sales or customer service experience required, phone sales experience preferred.
• Computer ticketing and experience preferred, experience with Audience View ticketing software a plus.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, OneNote, Outlook, PowerPoint, Publisher and Word).
• High degree of sensitivity for confidentiality.
• Successful candidates must be committed to working with diverse community populations.
• Ability to work a flexible schedule, including evenings and weekends as needed.
How to apply
For more information or to apply, visit ordway.org/employment.
Ordway is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, creed, marital status, familial status, public assistance status, age, local human rights commission activity, national origin, and veteran, or disability status. The Ordway Theater and administrative office are wheelchair accessible and service animals are welcomed. All applicants who have questions or needs regarding access accommodations or interpreting assistance for job interviews are encouraged to reach out to Human Resources.
We know there are great candidates who may not fit into the criteria we’ve outlined here, or who have important skills we haven’t listed. If that’s you, please don’t hesitate to apply anyway and tell us about yourself.