Visitor & Admin Associate
City: Red Wing
Salary: $15 – $18 an hour, depending on qualifications.
Is this a remote / work from home position?: No
The Anderson Center seeks a friendly, customer-service focused, and detail-oriented person for part-time work, including Saturday hours. This position works twenty hours per week with primary responsibility for visitor experience and administrative support for Director-level positions. The Anderson Center supports art and ideas at the historic Tower View Estate on the western edge of Red Wing, Minnesota. We work in a dynamic, collaborative office environment and interact with artists and visitors from across the country and around the world.
– Ensure positive visitor experience by
o Welcoming visitors
o Giving tours
o Ensuring that brochures and paper materials are well-stocked and neat
– Track visitor numbers for evaluation and grant reporting
– Recommend and assist with outreach events that keep the Anderson Center in front of our local and regional community, in order to bring in new audiences
– Welcome attendees and assist in set-up and clean-up for Center events
– Work with program staff to recruit volunteers for Anderson Center events and needs
– Track volunteer hours for evaluation and grant reporting
– Send thank you notes afterwards
– File paperwork and assist in keeping a neat and organized office
– Respond to e-mails in the email@example.com account every day that you are in the office.
– Track office supplies inventory and order supplies as needed
– Provide administrative support, such as data entry, to Director-level positions
Marketing and Communications
– Assist in marketing efforts by
o Ensuring Center events are submitted to online event listings
o Occasional outreach tabling at public events
– Help grow the Center’s social media following, e-mail marketing list, and membership base through soliciting sign-ups and selling memberships to visitors
– Assist in preparation of bulk mailings
– Ensure Residency call-for-entries is posted to national and international websites that advertise artist opportunities
Other duties as assigned. This position requires regular weekend hours and occasional evening hours. The Anderson Center strives to create and inclusive and welcoming organization and community. We value equity, hospitality, and community and invite applications from people with a wide range of professional and lived experience.
Qualifications or requirements
Necessary Skills and Abilities
• Warm, friendly demeanor with strong customer service skills
• Excellent verbal and written communication
• Attention to detail
• Strong computer skills
o Microsoft Word and Excel use
o Data entry experience preferred
• Ability to navigate a historic campus, including ramps, stairs, and outdoor terrain
• Ability to lift 30 pounds
How to apply
To apply, please submit a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.