Visitor Experience Associate
City: Minneapolis, MN
Salary: $15.00 per hour
Is this a remote / work from home position?: No
The Walker Art Center is more than a museum.
• We commission and present pioneering contemporary art;
• We foster collaboration among visual, performing, and media artists;
• We engage diverse audiences in the excitement of the creative process;
• We serve communities by inspiring and encouraging social and civic dialogue and participation; and
• We are home to the Minneapolis Sculpture Garden
The Walker Art Center has an immediate opening for a part-time Visitor Experience Associate to join our enthusiastic and talented Public Engagement, Learning and Impact team.
The Walker places the highest priority on the visitor experience and strives to provide a supportive and respectful environment for all who visit this remarkable institution. All visitor-facing teams share responsibility for greeting our visitors and providing assistance in ways that support extraordinary experiences and repeat visits. Our Visitor Experience Associates provide recognizably exceptional customer service to all visitors.
• Proactively and warmly acknowledge visitors, respond to questions, and provide guidance
• Sell daily tickets for admission and programing as well as for museum memberships; process transactions through ticketing and client management system (Tessitura)
• Guide and seat patrons, scan tickets, distribute programs, and perform light theater cleaning between screenings
• Help to ensure the safety and security of our visitors and our public spaces; assist in crowd monitoring and emergency situations.
• Resolve customer concerns in a polite and professional manner.
Hours & Compensation: 10-20 hours per week; $15/hour, non-exempt; Thursday through Sunday.
Qualifications or requirements
• Prior experience in customer service, tourism and/or with box office procedures
• Ability to problem-solve in a quick and resourceful manner
• Patience, empathy, adaptability and skilled in active listening
• Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively and work with a wide range of personalities and people across a variety of cultures, generations, and abilities
• Foreign language skills desired (written and verbal)
How to apply
Apply directly to the link in this posting or by going to walkerart.org/jobs.