Visitor Services Associate
City: Minneapolis, MN
The Walker places the highest priority on establishing a warm and welcoming service environment for all who visit this remarkable Center. All frontline teams will be responsible for sharing the Walker’s story, greeting, and serving our guests in ways that ensure extraordinary experiences and repeated visits.
Responsibilities will include:
• Provide recognizably exceptional customer service to all visitors.
• Proactively and warmly welcome guests, respond to questions, and provide guidance to museum visitors.
• Sell daily museum admission, program tickets and memberships. Process transactions through ticketing and client management system (Tessitura).
• Seat patrons, scan tickets, distribute programs, and perform light theater cleaning between screenings.
• Assist in crowd monitoring for safety concerns and emergency situations.
• Respond to general inquiries and feedback from guests and members on site.
• Resolve customer concerns in a polite and professional manner.
• Learn and provide thorough knowledge of general event and facility information for visitors.
Schedule & Compensation:
• $11.25/hour, part-time, 10-20 hours per week (requires evening and weekday availability), non-exempt
• Sick time, museum discounts, Walker membership, and the opportunity to work alongside talented individuals as well as support some remarkable artists, events, and programming
Qualifications or requirements
• Applicants should be honest, hardworking, genuine, outgoing, and amiable.
• Experience in customer service, tourism and box office procedures desirable.
• Ability to problem-solve in a quick and resourceful manner.
• Ability to handle a variety of operations simultaneously.
• Demonstrated ability to work with a wide range of personalities and people across a variety of cultures, generations, and abilities.
• A willing attitude and positive demeanor.
How to apply
To apply: include your resume and names of 3 professional references as MS Word or PDF attachments
Visit: walkerart.hiringthing.com to apply directly for this role or the attached link within this posting itself.
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis until the position is filled.
Our goal is to be a diverse workforce that is representative, at all job levels, of the citizens we serve. The Walker is committed to being an inclusive workplace. Our goal is to be a diverse workforce that is representative, at all job levels, of the communities and audiences we serve. We are dedicated to fair and inclusive employment practices for all individuals.