Springboard’s Incubator is a fiscal sponsorship program that provides sponsorship for arts groups and individual artist projects that do not want (or are not ready) to become tax-exempt nonprofit organizations. In other words, we make it possible for groups to receive tax-deductible grants and donations as they grow. In addition, Incubator artists receive support for their fundraising and marketing efforts, legal referrals, and networking support.
Incubator is designed for arts groups and individual artist projects that have a nonprofit purpose and/or are looking at becoming their own tax exempt nonprofit organization. Sponsored projects must be artist-led, fit with the mission of Springboard for the Arts, and be based in or producing work in Minnesota. Springboard’s program does not sponsor for-profit corporations or C, S, or P classification LLCs.
- Access to pro bono bylaw and articles of incorporation review; other pro bono or low-cost legal services are also available
- Your project’s money held in a separate account and available to you as needed (given adequate notice)
- Weekly deposit and check processing
- Automated weekly account statements via email
- Letters of agreement for grant applications available as needed (you must inform Springboard of your intent to apply at least five business days before a proposal is due)
- Donors who give $250.00 or more to your project (individual and corporation/foundation) are sent acknowledgements from Springboard to document tax deductions
- Your project’s own online fundraising page available through GiveMN.org
- Access to other low-cost Springboard services, including organizational consulting as well as discounts on meeting room rental and certain workshops.
- $95 one-time application fee
- $95 annual membership fee
- 7% administration fee on all funds managed
Mail your completed application, along with a check for $95.00 to:
Springboard for the Arts
308 E. Prince St., Ste. 270
St. Paul, MN 55101
We hold monthly info/Q&A sessions for Incubator on the fourth Wednesday of every month at noon at our St. Paul offices. You can attend in-person or call/Skype in. If you need to call or Skype in, let us know and we’ll send you info on how to connect. Members and non-members alike are welcome.