fbpx Skip to main content
We will be closed July 4-8 Details

These are resources for artists looking for assistance with renting, home ownership or emergency housing issues in Minnesota. This is not a comprehensive list and is intended for reference only. It is not an endorsement of these services or organizations.

Once a year, Springboard hosts a "Renting and Buying Property" panel. To see if this panel is coming up, check our Calendar of Events. You can read the notes from the July 2015 panel here.

MN Housing Partnership
  • Looking for housing: MN Housing Partnership promotes homes for all Minnesotans and assists Minnesota communities by offering comprehensive online resources for renters, homebuyers, homelessness, legal issues, and region-specific issues.
  • For renters: A statewide directory of affordable rental vacancies.
  • For home-buyers: A directory of frequently used resources for subsidized housing, home renting, and landlord resources.

MN Homeownership Center

Homebuyer Handbook for Artists and Independent Workers in Minnesota [PDF]. A 20-page handbook created by Springboard for the Arts with the Minnesota Homeownership Center outlining the home-buying process. Downloadable as a PDF.

Reports & Resources: The Minnesota Homeownership Center empowers homeowners, homebuyers and communities to make smarter choices through their research of the housing market and resources for professionals and homeowners.


Emergency Services

  • Handbook of the Streets, Minneapolis and St. Paul: Digital PDF copies available for free on the website. Physical copies of this resource for people experiencing homelessness are available free to people in need. People experiencing homelessness may get a free copy by coming to St. Stephen's Human Services (2309 Nicollet Avenue, Minneapolis 55404, 8:30AM-4PM Mon-Fri).
  • Beacon Interfaith Housing Collaborative: Beacon is an interfaith collaborative of congregations committed to ending homelessness that offers housing and emergency services for families and individuals.
  • Catholic Charities of St. Paul and Minneapolis: Catholic Charities provides shelter, meals, and the opportunity to find a job, secure a stable home and medical care for those who need it through their multiple resource, emergency, and housing centers. For immediate assistance, call 651-291-0211.
  • Crisis Housing: MN Housing Partnership offers a flexible pool of money that provides short-term housing assistance to persons with a serious and persistent mental illness whose income is being used to pay for an inpatient psychiatric treatment of 90 days or less.
  • United Way 2-1-1: United Way 2-1-1 is free referral line offering information about food, housing, employment, childcare, transportation, health services, senior services and more. United Way 2-1-1 may also have staff available to speak Hmong, Russian, Somali, and Spanish.

Questions about this page?

Artist Resources Director