Art-Train Agency/Organization Training Registration
The Agency/Organization Training is for staff at government agencies, tribal councils, community non-profits and arts councils to develop strategies to reach and engage more people, increase community relevance and connection, and find innovative ways to be more effective - and create authentic, equitable and lasting change. Tackle critical issues such as social cohesion, civic engagement, public planning, equity, workforce development, public health, housing, and economic growth by supporting and working with local artists.
Participants attend an initial synchronous virtual training session, and then receive ongoing technical assistance through an online resource library and optional bi-weekly drop-in virtual group coaching and networking rooms with Art-Train staff, experts and an expanding network of peers (every other Thursday).
The training includes:
- Impacts of working with local artists
- Accessing federal and other funding
- 3 customizable program models to engage local artists
- Tools for equitable collaboration
- Peer networking
While any individual staff person is encouraged to attend, a successful strategy is also to organize a critical mass of staff of agencies and organizations in a particular place to take the training so there is a foundation of shared learning and practical tools from which to launch new conversation and work. For instance, the City of Boston sent over 20 staff from different departments to Art-Train over 3 months, after which those departments became eligible for support to integrate artists into programming.
Upcoming Training Dates
Art-Train trainings are offered on an ongoing basis. 2024 Art-Train trainings will be released late 2023.
Tuesday, October 17, 2023, 1:00-4:00 PM Central Time
Tuesday, November 28, 2023, 1:00-4:00 PM Central Time
Includes access to online resource library and optional biweekly group coaching rooms.
- Native, Black, Indigenous and People of Color-led and focused community-based organizations (CBO) are invited to take this training (with accompanying access) for free – select the corresponding option in the form below. If you think this describes your organization, then we do too.
- Large Agencies/Organizations (10 or more employees):
Regular Price = $300 per person
- Small Agencies/Organizations (less than 10 employees):
Regular Price = $150 per person
- For Agencies/Organizations with more than 5 persons registering for a training, see our Discounts & Add-ons: https://springboardforthearts.org/art-train-training-discounts/
Training technology requirements
Trainings require stable internet connection as they take place virtually over zoom. Registrants will be invited to attend with cameras on throughout and ideally have a microphone. Out of respect for the experience of all participants, we request that participants commit to the full 3-hour training.
If your ability to attend is prohibited due to financial hardship, internet limitations, or you have any other questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. We are also looking at ways to offer language interpretation and hope to add this option soon.